In 1884 the first church building was constructed on the northeast intersection of 9th St. And Minnesota Ave. By the turn of the century a livery barn adjacent to the church building created such unsatisfactory conditions that the original building was moved to the southeast corner of 10th and Minnesota.
In 1916 the congregation had grown to the point where new and enlarged facilities were needed. A lovely brick church was built on 10th and Spring and this served as the church home for a dedicated and growing congregation during a period of history that stretched over 40 years and covered the great depression and two world wars.
Click Here to read a detailed history of the church, written by Rev. Pat Hammond.
Click Here to view a detailed timeline of FPC beginning in 1860 (also compiled by Rev. Pat Hammond)!
On November 23, 1958, FPC began a new chapter of ministry with the dedication of our current building. First Presbyterian Church has over 130 years of history in Sioux Falls and the church’s centennial theme in 1992 is something we continue to follow…
Embracing the Past With Remembrance, and the Future With Faithfulness.